Gluten & Sugar Free Blueberry, Banana Muffins
It's a new year and like so many of you, my aim for 2018 is to eat better, look better and feel better. Cutting down on sugar has been one of my key resolutions. The only problem being that there is literally sugar in EVERYTHING
Technically it's been the same resolution for the past 10 years, but as I'm getting older I am taking it more and more seriously. In 2017 I said goodbye to all meat except fish. Yeah. That was hard. This year, lets try and create some good alternatives to cakes, so I don't feel like I have to turn to a pineapple upside down cake every time I crave something sweet.
I love cakes. I love baking, I love anything that is sweet. I'm a fond user of honey for my desserts as an alternative to sugar. However after letting myself be free to eat whatever the hell I wanted from September to December. I found that sugar has really taken it's toll on my sleeping pattern, my waistline and my skin. But having now given up meat, reducing my carb intake, and temporarily stopping intake of cheese (To see if the dairy is affecting my skin). I literally felt like I had nothing to eat, and now to cut out eating cakes. Fair to say this is what miserable feels like.. Which is where these muffins come in.
- 250g (2 Medium sized) Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 160g Blended Oats
- 3tbsp Soya Milk
- 1 pack of Blueberries
- Sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon
Makes 12-15 Muffins
1. Melt coconut oil in a large mixing bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds
2. Add eggs into the oil, along with vanilla, soya milk, nutmeg or cinnamon and baking powder.
3. Add mashed bananas and mix to a batter (Alternatively use a food mixer)
4. Add blended oats to the mixture until you have cake like mixture
5. Add blueberries and fold in slowly
6. Spoon mixture in to muffin tray and place in oven for 15mins
7. Take out once brown and spongy, allow to cool